TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF INSTITUTIONAL MEMBERSHIP
According to the April, 2014 Constitution of the World Values Survey Association, the WVSA is entitled to appoint Institutional Members.
Institutional membership may be granted by the Executive Committee to international or national associations, organizations, societies, institutions, scientific research teams, or corporations pursuing objectives compatible with those of the WVSA in related fields of activity.
Institutional Members are welcome to provide support for the WVSA by activities such as facilitating national surveys in more than one country or a world region, contributing resources and expertise, hosting conferences, workshops and symposia, and developing global support networks and partnerships strengthening the WVSA.
Rights and obligations of Institutional Members:
- Institutional Members have the right to use the title “Affiliate Institution of the World Values Survey Association”;
- Institutional Members have the right to join the WVSA for a five-year period (subject to renewal);
- Institutional Members are obliged to contribute a membership fee as set by the WVSA Executive Committee;
- Membership rights can be waived, and ultimately institutional membership can be withdrawn, per vote of the WVSA Executive Committee, if an Institutional Member does not meet their obligations;
- Institutional members should each nominate one representative as the main contact point for all communications.
- Privileges and benefits of the Institutional Members depend on the category of Membership selected by the organization.
The WVSA has several categories of Institutional Membership. Among the benefits which depend on the concrete category are:
- Obtaining a title “Institutional Member of the World Values Survey Association” with the right to publish this status and the WVS logo at organization’s web-site, in brochure, in e-mail signature and etc.;
- Participation in dissemination and capacity building activities, conference, workshops and public events organized by the WVSA;
- Participation in WVSA General Assembly meeting;
- Promotion of the organization’s news, books and events, call for papers, job openings, awards and much more on the WVSA website, newsletter, and social media sites;
- Opportunity to host and organize scientific and research events on behalf of the WVSA;
- Access to some WVS data during the period of internal embargo and permission to use data for presentations and publications, under specifically agreed terms and conditions and etc.
If your organization is interested in becoming affiliated as an Institutional Member of the World Values Survey Association, please, submit your inquiry to the Secretary of the WVSA Ms Kseniya Kizilova (email@example.com).
The decision regarding the appointment of each new Institutional Member is made by the Executive Committee of the WVSA.