Workshop on MENA region
Workshop “Politics and society in the MENA region” was conducted by WVS on April, 27 within the framework of 2014 Global conference of WVS.
Workshop took place at the University of Qatar (Doha, Qatar) (http://www.qu.edu.qa/) and was organized with the organizational and financial support of SESRI research institute (http://sesri.qu.edu.qa/) and Silatech (http://www.silatech.com/).
WVS expresses its gratitude to Dr.Darwish Al-Emadi and Dr.Nader Kabbani who were representing respectful institutions at the workshop.
The workshop consisted of three sessions and involved scientists and researchers from the countries of Middle East and Northern Africa, European Union, Eastern Europe and North America.
Welcoming notes were addressed by Prof.Christian Haerpfer, President of the World Values Survey Association, Dr.Darwish Al-Emadi, Director of SESRI and Dr Nader Kabbani, Director of Research & Policy of Silatech.
Presentations of the participants of the workshop:
• “Politics and Society in the MENA Region. Continuity and Change since the Arab Revolution” (by Prof.Christian Haerpfer & Ms Kseniya Kizilova);
• “Security in countries of Middle East and North Africa in comparative perspective” (by Prof.Juan Díez-Nicolás);
• “The Attitude of Libyans towards Political Parties and Democracy” (by Dr. Fathi Ali);
• “Social and Political situation in Qatar” (by Dr.Darwish Al-Emadi);
• “Perceptions of democracy in comparative perspective. Egypt and its neighboring countries” (by Prof.Bi Puranen);
• “Social and Political situation in Jordan” (by Dr.Musa Shteivi);
• “The Arab World in the WVS” (by Dr.Justin Gengler);
• “Social and Political situation in Yemen” (by Mr Mohammed Addahri);
• “Social and Political situation in Kuwait” (by Dr.Samir Aburumman).