The Executive Committee
The Executive Committee is the central governing body of the WVSA. The Executive Committee provides leadership and strategic planning for the organization, recruits new members, organizes meetings and workshops, promotes publications and dissemination of results, raises funds for central functions, and assists local PIs in their fund-raising. It also coordinates each wave of data collection, including questionnaire design, data archiving, data distribution, and determines the timing of the next study. The Executive Committee carries out these tasks in close consultation with the Scientific Advisory Committee.
Members of the Executive Committee are voted into office by the voting membership of the General Assembly. Each Executive committee member serves for a six year renewable term of office. The EC consists of eleven elected members and one ex-officio member. The EC includes the President, three Vice-Presidents, Treasurer, and Secretary-General who is the Director of the WVSA's Legal Seat (in Stockholm, Sweden). The remaining members of the EC serve as members at large with a variety of responsibilities determined by the EC. Ex-officio Member is the Director of the WVSA Archive.
Executive Committee members are in charge for the following portfolios: research, academic meetings, publications, public relations, advocacy, and external relations, maintenance and improvement of the global network, community of the PIs, fund raising and income generation, and capacity building.
Executive Committee members (2022-2027):
- Christian Haerpfer, President of the WVSA, Research Professor of Political Science at the University of Vienna, Austria.
- Christian Welzel, Vice-President of the WVSA, Professor at Leuphana Universitat Luneburg, Germany.
- Pippa Norris, Vice-President of the WVSA, Professor of Government and International Relations, Harvard University, USA.
- Marita Carballo, Vice-President of the WVSA, President of Voices Research and Consultancy, Argentina.
- Alejandro Moreno, Treasurer of the WVSA, Professor of Political Science, ITAM Instituto Tecnologico Autonomo de Mexico, Mexico City, Mexico.
- Bi Puranen, Secretary-General Director of the WVSA Legal Seat, Associate Professor of Economic History, Institute for Future Studies, Stockholm, Sweden.
- Marta Lagos, WVSA EC Member at Large, Director of Corporacion Latinobarometro, Chile.
- Juan Diez-Nicolas, WVSA EC Member at Large, Director of the Chair for Social Development, Camilo Jose Cela University, Madrid, Spain.
- Roberto Foa, WVSA EC Member at Large, Assistant Professor in Politics and Public Policy, University of Cambridge, UK.
- Fares Braizat, WVSA EC Member at Large, Chairman at NAMA Strategic Intelligence Solutions, Amman, Jordan.
- Grace Lee, WVSA EC Member at Large, Associate Professor of Economics, Monash University, Malaysia.
- Jaime Diez-Medrano (ex-officio), Director of the WVSA Data Archive, Madrid, Spain.