The Scientific Advisory Committee
The Scientific Advisory Committeeis the second elected committee of the WVSA. SAC’s mandate is to provide scientific and methodological consultancy and advice. SAC assembles top survey researchers and reviews substantive and methodological issues related to the research agenda of the WVS. It comments on and criticizes the questionnaire designed for the next wave. It is kept informed of all important activities by the executive committee, and it is consulted by the executive committee before major decisions are made. Twelwe members are elected for renewable six year terms by the voting membership of the WVSA at General Assembly. The primary function of the Scientific Advisory Committee concerns maintaining technical standards to the highest level of scientific knowledge and developing the survey instrument for each wave, in consultation with the Executive Committee and the General Assembly.
Scientific Advisory Committee members (2022-2027):
- Paul Stoneman, Chair of SAC, Research Associate at King’s College, London, United Kingdom.
- Renata Siemienska, Vice-Chair of SAC, Professor at the Department of Sociology of Education, Warsaw University.
- Jon Miller, Vice-Chair of SAC, Professor and Director of the International Center for the Advancement of Scientific Literacy in the Institute for Social Research, University of Michigan, USA.
- Seiko Yamazaki, Vice-Chair of SAC, Executive Producer Dentsu Institute, Japan.
- Anu Realo, Professor in the Department of Psychology, University of Warwick, United Kingdom.
- Ferruccio Biolcati Rinaldi, Professor of Sociology at the Department of Social and Political Sciences, University of Milan “La Statale”, Italy.
- Paul Perry, Honorary Research Associate in Sociology, Massey University, New Zealand.
- Sokratis Koniordos, Professor of Sociology at the Department of Political Science and International Affairs, University of the Peloponnese, Greece.
- Abdelwahab Hafaiedh, Professor of Sociology of Education at the University of Tunis and President of the Applied Social Science Forum, Tunisia.
- Heghine Manasyan, Development Director of the Center for Innovational Social Research at Yerevan State University, Armenia.
- Ming Chang Tsai, Research Fellow and Deputy Director of Research Center for Humanities and Social Sciences, CHSS, Academia Sinica, Taiwan ROC.
- Anna Mia Ekstrom, Professor of global infectious disease epidemiology, Karolinska Institute, Sweden.