CALL FOR NEW TOPICS FOR WVS-7 QUESTIONNAIRE: DEADLINE EXTENDED TILL MARCH, 30
New topics for inclusion in the WVS-7 Survey Questionnaire
The World Values Survey Association has started to plan the 7th wave of the World Values Survey, to be conducted worldwide in 2016-2018.
The Executive Committee will update the survey questionnaire for this wave. The aim is to include several new issues relating to significant social, economic and political processes of value change.
We kindly invite you to submit your proposals regarding the topics and issues that should be included in WVS-7 questionnaire.
To submit a topic proposal, please, select one of the two alternative options below:
Option A. Proposal submitted as a text document
Proposals should be 5-10 single-spaced pages in Word or PDF format and structured to use the following sub-headings. To submit your proposal, please send the document by email by the deadline to the WVSA Secretary (email@example.com).
(1) Contact details: Note about the proposer(s) listing institutional affiliations, mailing address and full contact details,
(2) Title: Proposed title of the new theme
(3) Abstract: A brief opening paragraph summarizing the topic proposed for inclusion in the questionnaire; (200 words)
(4) The theory behind the proposed new topic. In particular, how is the topic theoretically interesting for social science and what literatures does it draw upon? Is it policy-relevant for the international community? And is it methodologically rigorous and suitable for cross-national research?
(5) Key puzzles. What important and enduring puzzles flowing from the topic could be tested empirically by cross-national survey evidence? What are the core
propositions and testable hypotheses?
(6) Measurement. How could the topic be operationalized through a short module of survey questions and what existing items have already been asked in previous
surveys? What might be the problems of cross-national measurement? How does the topic build upon other items in the World Values Survey?
(7) Literature. List of sources cited and a select bibliography of publications most relevant for the topic.
(8) Any other comments.
Option B. Proposal submitted using the online form
Alternatively please follow this link and fill in the form to propose a new topic for the questionnaire:
Online Proposal Form
All submissions must be received by the deadline of 5pm GST 30th March 2015. All the proposals will be carefully reviewed by the Executive Committee of the World Values Survey Association at its next meeting in April, 2015.
We are very much looking forward to reviewing your proposals!
Please, feel free to share this information with your colleagues if you think they might be interested in the current call.
WVSA Executive Committee