WVSA Executive Committee Meeting 2020
The WVSA's Executive Committee held its annual meeting in electronic format on May 6. A number of important issues were discussed, including WVS-7 survey fieldwork schedule and response to the delays in survey completion caused by COVID-19; WVS-7 data release; WVSA General Assembly in 2021; improvements into the WVS-7 data cleaning procedures and survey wave deliverables; first plans for the WVS-8 survey round.
Similiar to many other organizations and projects worldwide, in 2020 the WVS Association transformed the annual meeting of its governing board -the Executive Committee- into an online conference. The WVSA's Executive Committee held its annual meeting in electronic format on May 6. A number of important issues were discussed, including:
- WVS-7 survey fieldwork schedule and response to the delays in survey completion caused by COVID-19 (survey fieldwork in over 15 countries has been postponed with the WVS-7 survey wave resuming its fieldwork phase in September-October 2021);
- schedule for the WVS-7 wave completion and WVS-7 data release (first WVS-7 data release will take place on July 20, 2020; the end of wave 7 has been postponed to July 2021 with the remaining countries conducting their surveys in Fall 2020/Spring 2021 - depending on the healthcare situation);
- WVS-7 dissemination activities in 2020/2021 (WVS-7 presentations and conferences panels have been moved to 2021; follow our website for more updates on the WVSA's presence at ISA-2021, IPSA-2021, WAPOR-2021);
- improvements into the WVS-7 data cleaning procedures and survey wave deliverables;
- contextual variables and other additions into the WVS-7 data-set;
- postponement of the WVSA general meeting -General Assembly- to 2021 (the next General Assembly of the WVSA -meeting of all Principal Investigators and researchers- will take place in July 2021 in conjunction with the IPSA-2021 congress of Political Science);
- first plans and questionnaire design for WVS-8 (follow our website for more updates on the open call for proposals of new questions and topics for the WVS-8 questionnaire).