Join WVSA at the #WAPOR2022!
The 2022 Annual Meeting of the World Association for Public Opinion Research (WAPOR) will take place on November 10-13, 2022 in Dubai, UAE. The World Values Survey Association invites paper proposals for inclusion into the WVS panels at the forthcoming #WAPOR2022.
The World Association for Public Opinion Research (WAPOR) will hold its 75th Annual Conference together with the WAPOR Asia Pacific 5th Annual Conference on November 10-15, 2022 in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. The WAPOR conference will convene before and overlap with the 5th WAPOR Asia Pacific regional conference. The 2022 conference marks the 75th jubilee of WAPOR (founded in 1947) and the conference topic is "75 Years of Worldwide Public Opinion Research".
WVSA invites paper submissions into several panels under the following broad themes:
- Public opinion research in authoritarian regimes;
- Cross-cultural concerns in data collection and measurement issues;
- New technologies and national surveys: challenges in the changing times;
- Political culture, political values and attitudes shaping political behavior;
- Elections, public opinion and voting behavior;
- Support for democracy, democratic values, and erosion of democracy;
- (Mis)Trust in government and political institutions;
- Values in development: new findings from the World Values Survey.
Use of the WVS/EVS (2017-2021) data in analysis is desired, but not obligatory, and findings based on analysis of other cross-national survey projects are welcome. Membership in the WVSA is not required to join the WVS panels. Those interested to join are welcome to send the topic and up to 300-words abstracts of the paper to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 12, 2022 at the latest. All submissions for the pre-arranged panel will still be required to submit individual abstracts via the WAPOR conference submission system.